Archive

Archive for July, 2009

LDAP + SASL authentification

July 28th, 2009 No comments

I’ve found again, that simple things don’t get so simple in OpenSource world, and you have to do it yourself when you want something. That’s the difference, in the world of commercial software you have to, either pay big money or you never get feature you need (and mostly both ;-))

I’ve  slightly unusual and paranoid subversions svnserve setup (which i’ll describe later) and my requirement was to use LDAP for user authentication. Well i’know there is possibility to use apache ldap authentication for this, but running separate web server only for having this, is imho not a good idea. So my next try was SASL authentication that svn now supports.  New dilemma raised, because subversion disallows PLAIN authentication mechanism, I needed either plain text passwords in LDAP or write my own SASL plugin. Fortunately i’ve found this page http://southbrain.com/south/2008/06/writing-a-cyrus-sasl-ldap-auxp.html, with existing solution and (almost) working code.

Subversion however didn’t cooperated well with this (ie. it passes realm within username to sasl etc…), so i’ve to made some modifications to let this work for me and my existing setup. So here it is eldap (easy ldap) auxprop module.

I’ve made some cleanups to the code, simplified installation, added some little features and fixed some bugs and I’m releasing this as separate module (however still compatible with original gienger ldap). Later i’m planning to describe how to modify your LDAP (and some ldap user management applications) to let it work with this. Till than you have to read original post about how to do it (or bug me).

I hope it helps you.

Categories: devel, eldap Tags:

Flat for sale (Žilina, Slovakia)

July 11th, 2009 No comments

About:

  • 68 m2
  • 2 rooms + bathroom + toilette + kitchen + hall
  • after complete reconstruction
  • bathroom: shower bat and bat
  • separated toilette
  • built-in wardrobe (with mirrors) in hall
  • custom made kitchen unit
  • wood interior doors
  • new plastic windows
  • renovated wood parquetry
  • floor 5th (topmost)
  • available almost immediately
  • price by agreement
  • contact: ja.byt_(at)_mailnull.com or directly (who knows me ;)

Photos:


Categories: personal Tags:

Worpress-mu + WPML + SuperCache integration

July 1st, 2009 No comments

Seems to be fixed in SuperCache 0.9.5.

This is very simple patch for WPML plugin v1.2.1 and SuperCache plugin 0.8.9.1.
Download: wordpress+wpml+supercache-0.2.patch

I’ve had some problems with static caching of multilingual pages on my wordpress-mu based CMS system, running both WPML and SuperCache plugin. They both work almost good out of the box, but I’ve experienced problems for non-post pages (like site index). Webserver (serving static content prepared by Supercache) & Supercache didn’t cooperate well. and after second language switch I always received the page in the same language. This patch fixes this.

Install

Apply patch by issuing path -p0 <supercache+wmpl-0.2.patch in wp-content directory of your WordPress installation.

Background

WPML rewrites $_SERVER[REQUEST_URI] and this way removes language identificator from all URLs it serves, i.e.

dob.sk/sk -> dob.sk

But! SuperCache uses $_SERVER[REQUEST_URI] variable to compute how should be the cache page named, and because of already mentioned WPML rewrite hack, for the same page in different languages sees SuperCache only one REQUEST_URI (aha!).

The patch does simple thing, it saves original REQUEST_URI on SuperCache plugin load and than it uses this saved value to the path computations. How easy ;-)

Categories: devel, web Tags: