Simple function that compares two JSON structures (on 1st level only), and returns old values for changed keys. I’m using it to track table changes via before update trigger.
This is MariaDB (MySQL) checklist for setting up Master-Slave replication.
Getting filesystem quotas work inside of a LXC unprivileged container is relatively a big problem, because linux kernel and LXC currently play against us (= they do not support this yet). But, workaround exists !
Quick how-to for registering and unregistering partitions on LVM logical volume (yes, event that is possible ;).
VPN in container requires tun/tap device – if you don’t have one you have to create it with mknod command. But, there is the problem – in the LXC (Proxmox) unprivileged container is mknod (as syscall) not allowed, because this would introduce possible security problems (see this article).
Checklist for major postgresql database upgrade: shutdown standby servers on each standby perform pg_upgrade shutdown master perform pg_upgrade if pg_upgrade fails on postgres database with encoding mismatch, re-init database with initdb start master verify master is ok check if recovery.conf present in slave datadir start slaves one-by-one check if slaves are live and recovering if […]
This post describes all the things you will have to do, after (or before) installing and configuring your mail server, because that is where it all starts. Without it, you might have problems sending mail, because remote domains might think your server sends spam or is not delegated to send emails for your domain…
As always with Oracle its pretty ‘easy‘ and ‘straightforward‘ – you have to convert the high_value to XML and then extract it using XPATH (omg!). Let me guess, it would cost a fortune to provide native function/view that could do that…
Some time ago I’ve tried to solve a ‘funny’ issue with PowerDNS. It refused to start on one of my backup VPS. After apt-get dist-upgrade, it first stopped to work with very meaningful ‘Failed at step ADDRESS_FAMILIES‘ error. Well, I’ve managed to solve it somehow, but then another ‘funny’ problem popped out…
Some hopefully useful tips on speeding up data import via SOLR DataImportHandler.