I’ve encountered unusual problem while dumping one of the bigger PostgreSQL databases. Every try to run pg_dump resulted in this: sam@cerberus:~/backup$ pg_dump -v -c js1 >x pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 18446744073709551613 pg_dump: The command was: COPY job.description (create_time, job_id, content, hash, last_check_time) TO stdout; pg_dump: *** aborted because […]
I’ve made two simple (but useful) disk drive monitoring scripts for collectd exec plugin. You can find them on http://devel.dob.sk/collectd-scripts/. smartmon.sh This script monitors SMART attributes of given disks using smartctl (smartmontools). megamon.sh This one monitors some interesting values of MegaRaid adapter physical drives using MegaCli tool. Description how to use them can be […]
I’ve actually released log-malloc2 library for linux, that logs calls to memory allocation functions and should be very helpful when trying to locate memory leaks. It can be used without recompiling application, simply by preloading it using LD_PRELOAD . Logged functions: malloc realloc calloc free memalign Every function call is logged with their parameters, amount […]
Just created a quick patch against perl XML::LibXML module, that adds global external entity loader support. Till now it was only possible to have per instance entity loader, but this is not enough if you want i.e., XML::LibXSLT to also use yours entity loader for imports, and input callbacks doesn’t suit all your needs. Usage […]
Just a short example C implementation of Oracle VARNUM/NUMBER type encoding, in case you could not use library functions. I didn’t found it anywhere when needed (and afterwards I found it doesn’t helps me at all due to little ‘problem’ in ora :() and Oracle documentation is pretty unclear about how-to do it. typedef […]
I’ve implemented new neat feature (to store unique content only once in cache) to my perl based etl tool and suddenly it started to print sometimes ‘Wide character in subroutine entry‘ perl warning in sha1_hex call. As if this was not enough processed content after being stored in cache started to be utf-8 corrupted in […]
Released solr_pager 0.2.2. This release fixes little bug that prevented solr_pager to work in some configurations (ie. with standard search handler). Well, Solr documentation did not mentioned that it can pass empty (null) result set to my component. Also added some sanity checks to prevent similar situation again. New version can be found on http://devel.dob.sk/solr_pager, […]
Released solr_pager 0.2.1, an feature update with improved first/last page navigation. Now they appear in result only when first/last page is not visible in generated paging list. This version can be found on http://devel.dob.sk/solr_pager, for more informations about how it works see this post.
Just released passwd_exp version 1.2.11 with small feature fix for email seding. Download here. passwd_exp is a highly customizable but easy to setup email password/account expiration notifier.
I’ve just published solr_pager a search component for Solr that should make paging easier. It’s main use should be by XSLT transformation (using XSLT writer), so one should not bother anymore with slow recursive XSLT hacks and only apply fast templates on paging list in search result. Initial version 0.2.0 can be found on http://devel.dob.sk/solr_pager. […]